Mayday

Folks, we are now in the single digits. As in how many weeks I have left in New Orleans. It's hard to wrap my head around, so instead of thinking about it I've been keeping myself incredibly busy. What can I say, I've been perfecting my coping mechanisms for years now.

Anyway, May has been so crazy. I have been running around all month. Last weekend was particularly eventful. A friend of mine came to town and, in addition to stuffing our faces and showing him around New Orleans, we went to Explosions in the Sky on Friday night. Aside from being at the venue a leeeeetle early (like 3 hours early... I was excited! but lesson learned), the show was amazing. I got to see Explosions in the Sky at Bonnaroo in 2011 and I'm happy I got to see them again. I'm kind of wishy washy when it comes to having favorites, but they are by far my favorite band. If you want to win all of my love and affection, take me to their concert.


Also, I've started working on my Nola bucket list. One of the items on that list was to go to Snake and Jake's Christmas Lounge and that's what we did on Saturday night. To be clear, Snake and Jake's is a New Orleans thing. It was featured on Anthony Bourdain's The Layover so it's not only a total dive, it's Bourdain approved.

That was last weekend, this weekend I spent my afternoon at a crawfish boil. Good company, good food. So all things New Orleans are happening right now. 

I'm thoroughly in denial about leaving New Orleans so for now, everything is going on as usual. I'll continue to live in denial until the Superdome is in my rearview window and then I will probably cry my eyes out. Until then laissez les bons temps rouler!

-Alex

Comments

Popular Posts